Personal Weblog is a PHP include file for adding a weblog to a home page. It is highly configurable and can be changed to fit any web page style.
- Simple to install and easy to use
- Completely configurable through a web browser
- Entries are categorized by topic
- Search-able by topic, keywords and time
- Supports RSS (Rich Site Summary) for syndication
- Supports multiple weblogs within a single database
- Works under many different operating systems and PHP configurations
I consider the lack of user management, discussion forums and "slashboxes" a feature for a personal home page. A personal weblog should meld with your home page, not contain it as a subtopic. If you are after something more heavy duty to run a news/discussion site check out Geeklog or the original Slashcode.
For announcements or help with general Personal Weblog issues you can subscribe to the low traffic weblog-users mailing list. Feel free to keep sending feedback, bug reports and suggestions my way though ;).
- Can I use CSS or <insert HTML feature here>?
The Weblog only includes the core weblog functionality. Everything else is configurable through templates, even the date formats. In your web pages and templates you can use CSS or any other HTML features.
- Where is Personal Weblog used?
I use it on my main page: